Monday 13 September 2010

Rain

So, me, Jatin sir, Mukesh sir and Rana sir were walking down to my cousin’s place because he was putting up his house for rent and these guys were interested. We could see the dark clouds. And I had been continuously smiling because the dark clouds looked really beautiful and reminded me of Bombay and how I’d stand in the balcony and look at the clouds come from the sea. These clouds today weren’t just figuratively dark, they were almost black. Literally. So we kept walking because they were far away, somewhere around the horizon. We thought we’d get drenched if we went, so I called up my cousin to ask if it was OK if we came to his place the next day instead. He said he wouldn’t be here the next day so we decided to go anyway, despite the dark clouds. We’d hardly taken a couple of steps and it came down pouring. What looked beautiful suddenly felt even more beautiful. I couldn’t stop laughing. So I ran back to the hostel, slowing down as I did, because I wanted to get wet and feel the rain. I looked up, our college has these huge halogen lamps installed in places, I looked at one of them and saw the rain fall down in the light of the lamp. Felt like eternity. So I came back to the hostel, smiled at the guard sitting there and got to my room. Dried my head with a towel, changed and went out on to the porch on the third floor. Now this was the best part. I was standing there watching the rain, clicking pictures. That’s what I like a lot about the rain, I can be safe inside and watch it come down and not touch me. one of the things that I really want to do is stand in a room made of glass on the terrace of a very tall building. I went to Pankaj’s room who lived on the same floor. Left my phone there and came back to the porch, got Pankaj along as well. As we stood in the porch, watching the rain come down, the wind started blowing in our direction. And the little drops of water, not the big raindrops, but the little ones that could be blown away by the wind started falling on us. That was bliss. It wasn’t rally drenching or making it hard for me to keep my eyes open or having me to wipe my face all the time, but just little droplets of water and it would feel very nice and cool when the wind would blow.

No comments:

Post a Comment